Running An IT Department For A Major Firm In San Francisco Or Los Angeles?
Having an internal IT department is a great way to ensure your systems are running optimally and that your system is protected at all times. Not only can an internal IT department stave off major disaster, but they can also help with day-to-day problems that your staff may encounter.
While it is good news that you will have the support you need onsite when you need it most, there is a chance that your IT department may become overwhelmed with support issues which may result in a backlog and put the company at possible risk. If your company’s IT needs may be stretching your internal IT department too thin, it may be time to consider IT staff augmentation.
Co-Managed IT Services
Many companies are looking to partner with a managed IT service provider to help them keep their operations running more efficiently and making sure that all the needs of the company are met even when the internal IT staff gets busy. It is important to remember that a managed IT service provider is there to create a partnership with your current IT staff, to provide them with the support they need to reduce downtime and minimize risk. Managed IT services can be hired on a part-time or full-time basis and will be a collaborative effort where the managed service provider can fill the gaps that the internal IT staffing may experience. The internal staff can also leverage the resources available form the managed services provider.
Why a Partnership With a Managed IT Provider is Beneficial for Your Company
There are many reasons why companies are choosing to make this type of partnership. Whether it is for company-specific reasons, or more broadened benefits, every company can experience better efficiency from utilizing the services of a managed IT firm. By partnering with a managed service provider, your company can expect:
- Improved security – With both your internal IT team and your managed support provider, you will be better able to detect possible threats and prevent them before they become damaging.
- 24/7 IT support – Your internal IT team most likely works during business hours. With a managed IT provider for a partner, you can have after hours and weekend support without having to keep your internal IT staff on call.
- Your IT staff’s time freed up to work on special projects – You may need your internal IT staff to work on a special project or provide more onsite day-to-day support functions. With a managed IT service provider, it will free up your internal team’s time to address these specific needs instead of being backlogged with security and monitoring.
- A more proactive approach to problem-solving – Two heads are also better than one, and through collaboration, you will be able to take advantage of your managed IT provider’s expertise as well as the resources they have that may not be available to you.
- Reduced downtime – When your technology infrastructure goes down it can be costly and every minute counts. With a strategic IT partnership, your systems will experience less downtime and be able to be restored more quickly and easily.
- The ability to seamlessly cover an employee’s absence – When one of your internal IT support staff takes a leave that can mean an increased workload for others. With managed services, you can handle the workload without having to hire additional temporary staff or work overtime hours to cover the leave.
- Coverage for remote employees – An internal IT staff needs to put their focus on the in-house needs of the business first and foremost, this can mean less time to provide support for remote workers. When partnering with a San Francisco managed IT support provider, you can leave the remote concerns to them, providing all employees and staff the needed security no matter where they are working from.
- Cost savings for IT – While it may seem like an additional cost at first, having a managed IT provider partner with your internal IT support team can save you money, by reducing overtime during busy times and reducing the number of problems that require lengthy IT support time.
Help your internal IT department do more for your company by partnering them with a managed IT service provider. When working in tandem, you can ensure that your business is getting the support it needs to protect it from threats and keep it operating as efficiently as possible. This will allow you to focus on what is important; growing your business and improving your customer satisfaction.